Sunday, October 11, 2009

Turkey and Tips

Sisters,

Holiday weekends are always hard for me. Our eating schedule is totally thrown off, there are more people around and definitely more food, the fun is usually planned around food, and well, that means more treats.

This weekend has been a typical Thanksgiving weekend. We've eaten:

Ham
Scalloped Potatoes
Jello Salad
Pumpkin Pie
Turkey
Mashed Potatoes
Gravy
Stuffing
More Pumpkin Pie
Fruit Salad
Pumpkin Loaf
Pumpkin Tarts
Steamed Veggies
Salad
Buns
And More Pumpkin Pie

Can you say YUMMY?! I love holiday weekends. Not a great weekend for eating healthy, but definitely a great weekend for food, family and friends. I'm so thankful for the good things in my life.

I thought I'd leave you all with a tip on healthy eating tonight.

*If you build a healthy diet buy simply paying attention to your portion sizes, you may be able to control your weight without counting calories. Healthy eating has a lot to do with awareness. Making conscious food choices goes along way to overall weight and health.*

We had a great weekend.

Erin


2 comments:

  1. I agree that Thanksgiving is a hard time to eat right. So many temptations everywhere.

    ReplyDelete
  2. ERIN!!! I'm FINALLY getting around to posting a comment...truly a miracle. Happy Belated Thanksgiving! Ok, that quote is fantastic. I was talking with a good friend of mine last night, and she was saying that her husband has dropped 60 POUNDS just by making a conscience effort to cut his portions in half. She says he still eats the things he likes, just smaller amounts. SO, the moral of the story is for me---that 150 piece-jumbo-mother-of-all-chocolate bar bags from Costco does not need to be eaten solely by me. If I only eat 75 pieces of it, I will have cut my portion in half, and can count on losing weight...did I get that right? :) JK!
    I'm LOVING this blog. Can't wait to post! I miss you more than you can ever know.
    LOVE YOU!

    ReplyDelete