Monday, September 21, 2009

The Beginning

Dearest Sugar Sisters,

After talking about this idea last night I milled it over for awhile. What better way to control my sugar consumption then by posting it publicly on a blog that everyone can read...even my better half.

I thought:

Surely posting somewhere where Trevor could read what I'm eating would help me control my unquenchable desire for the stuff I love the most?
...and then I thought do I really want others to know this part of me?

In deliberating I've decided yes. This should be public knowledge. I can't be the only one who struggles with such crazy desires.

Cookies for breakfast.
Chocolate chips for snacks.
More cookies before lunch.
A bowl of sugar cereal, that's much to large later on.
More cookies...but with milk this time, after the baby has gone down for an afternoon nap. Ice cream for dessert after supper.

Why do I love the bad stuff so much?

I am usually able to control my love for sugar at least a portion of the day. I'd say only a small number of my cravings turn into the action of consumption. But when you seem to want sugar constantly, a 'small number' can sill be too much.

I try not to bake or buy cookies too often because I and I alone am usually the one who eats most of them (cookies are a weak point in my diet). We buy ice cream on the unusual occasion that we have dessert, but a whole carton of it is rarely consumed durning one meal and so it sits in my freezer speaking sweet nothings to me through the closed freezer door.

This has got to be easier then this...I think to myself.

I am a grown up. I can control myself.

And so the Sugar Sisters has been born. I can do this! I WILL conquer my desire for the stuff that holds me back from the body I wish I had. Post baby I have never been the same, but with the help of my Sugar Sisters I will once again be a trophy wife!

Let's do this thing!!!

Erin
Day 1

5 comments:

  1. Good work Erin! Way to get off the crack. I am not perfect either but it is good to try and limit sugar because that will help in your weight loss and also help you feel better. We just can't have it around the house or else you or I will eat it, whoever gets to it first. And what are you talking about, you are a Trophy Wife!!

    Trev

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can I be a sugar sister too? I was making lemon pies this morning, and can you guess what I had for breakfast? Yep, you guessed it. I just licked the pan.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Marty,

    You are more then welcome to join us in our quest to eat less of the sugary stuff. I love lemon pie. I think I can honestly same I've done the same thing. Sometimes when I make cookies I eat more dough then I do cooked product.

    I guess the idea behind the Sugar Sisters is to post what you eat, know that you're not alone, and get encouragement to do better.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad to know I am not alone in my fight! I used tobe so good at controlling my cravings, but I have fallen lately. It is so hard to stick to a good diet with little sugar when it sits in your house, waiting to be eaten.

    For example, Sam had birthday cake left over, so guess I what had for breakfast this morning..yup, the last piece of cake and chocolate milk.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow. You sound just like me. I try not to keep treats in the house (which mostly works except for when Jeff sabotages me) but even with no treats around, I cave and eat the chocolate chips. No chocolate chips? I go for the peanut butter (by the spoonful). And if I have both chocolate chips and peanut butter..... well, you know what happens. I'm almost dreading Christmas in a way. Why is it that everyone in Medicine Hat is so great at baking and so generous with their baking at Christmastime?! I think it should be banned. I will definitely be following this blog.

    ReplyDelete