Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Reality

Dear Sisters,

I think it's unrealistic to say that in life we should eat NO sugar. After all, I don't believe that is humanly possible or mentally healthy. However, this blog is to help me decrease my sugar consumption by admitting publicly the amount I do eat and the struggles I have trying to control my cravings for it. Also, I was wanting to offer sugar reducing tips and strategies to avoid it, and therefor decrease the amount I eat. I am currently reading about Zone dieting and looking into the idea of the Paleo diet. I find food consumption very interesting and do try to eat healthy. For me it's finding what works best for me to be the hard part. I think the most important part of all this is to be aware of what we are putting into our bodies and how it affects our health.

Today was a pretty good day. Other then the 'healthy' stuff, I did eat a bowl of Mini Wheats for a snack. I avoided the Snickers bar that was calling my name at Walmart today, but just barely.

I am trying to eat better.

Just a thought on all this.

Erin

1 comment:

  1. Erin you are so funny. I love that you started this blog! Now I can know how the "real" Erin thinks:) Yes I have the same inner conflict when I am about to eat a sweet. I have tried in the past to just have one sweet a week, and it works until someone invites us over for dinner and offers us dessert...what am I supposed to do refuse...I think Not. Anyways one sweet a week is really hard so maybe I will try 2 a week. This way you can plan them and make them really good and not feel guilty.

    ReplyDelete